- Up to 15 Cases per Minute
- Case Size Capacity 5”-unlimited L, 5”-24” W, 5”- 24” H
- Machine Dimensions 46” L, 41” W, 62” H, 650 Pounds
Model 4500 SD-R Random Side Belt Drive Case Sealer
The Magnum 4500 SD-R is a semi-automatic side belt drive case sealer designed to provide accurate, consistent tape application to random width, height, and length cases. The Magnum 4500 SD-R features dual side belt drives that automatically adjust to handle cases from 5” to 24” wide. The top tape head lift assembly automatically repositions according to the case height for cases from 5” to 24” tall. Cases from 5” long to unlimited length are smoothly transported on a series of chromed steel rollers capable of handling packages up to 75 pounds. The system is designed to operate at up to 15 cases per minute depending on package dimensions.
The Magnum 4500 SD-R is equipped with a top and bottom Magnum 200 series tape head and will accept any 2-inch case tape, providing optimum case sealing to the top and bottom of the case. An optional 3” tape head is available. Highlight Magnum tape heads are engineered to be the heaviest duty and most reliable tape heads in the industry. The user-friendly design allows for easy tape threading, fewer moving parts for minimal maintenance, and simple built-in adjustability for accommodating virtually any case type.
The dual side belt drives with individual gear motors deliver positive control and heavy duty performance. PLC controls with two taping program modes improve reliability and speed. Random mode 1 is for semi-uniform cases to increase throughput when running larger quantities of cases with similar heights. Mode 1 maintains the top tape head assembly at the same relative height as the previous case cycle. Random mode 2 is for complete random case operation, returning the top tape frame to the maximum open position after each cycle.
The Magnum 4500 SD-R comes standard with chromed steel conveyor rollers and smooth running precision plastic bearings for easy case movement and long life. Height-adjustable legs from 27 inches to 35 inches are standard with locking casters are included. Optional 18” long x 28” wide entry and exit conveyors are available.
Magnum 4500 SD-R
Semi Automatic Case Sealer
|Max Box Height||
|Max Box Length||
|Max Box Width||
|Min Box Height||
|Min Box Length||
|Min Box Width||
up to 15 cases/min
- Automatically adjusts to case dimensions for up to 15 cases per minute in random mode and up to 30 cases per minute in uniform mode
- Magnum tape heads are engineered for performance and packed with features to provide the most reliable tape head in the industry
- Heavy duty and intelligent design ensure long operating life and easy case movement
- PLC Controls: The Magnum 4500 SD-R is controlled using a PLC for flexibility and multiple operating modes. This allows for added versatility and optional upgrades.
- Locking Swivel Casters: Highlight’s heavy duty locking casters allow the Magnum 4500 SD-R to be easily moved around a facility to a work area, or moved aside when not in use.
- Tape Head: The Magnum 4500 SD-R is equipped with a pair of Magnum 200 Series tape heads which are loaded with features to give you the most reliable and flexible tape heads in the industry
- Automatic Adjust: The machine automatically adjusts to the dimensions of each case quickly to maximize productivity when sealing random sized boxes.
- Heavy Duty: All-steel construction, sturdy design, and powder-coated surfaces make the Magnum 4500 SD-R durable and reliable for years of industrial use.
- Left Hand Operator Controls. Moves Start/Stop/Reset/Mode control box to left hand side
- Magnum 300 Series 3” Tape Head Upgrade, Pair. For extra security on large or heavy cartons
- Entry -OR- Exit Conveyor Table. 28” wide x 18” long. Chromed Steel Rollers w/ precision plastic bearings for smooth running and long life
- High Speed Belt Upgrade. Upgraded 3PH AC gearmotors & VFD drive for up to 20 cases per minute, depending on case dimensions
- Uniform Mode Upgrade. Includes a third Uniform mode that locks the width and height of the system in position to increase output when processing larger volumes of uniform cases. Up to 40 cases per minute in uniform mode
- Spare Magnum 200 Series 2” Tape Head. Drop in replacement tape head eliminate down time for tape head maintenance
- HLI # 760067 for 2” tape
- HLI # 760174 for 3” tape
- Spare Parts Kit for Magnum 4500 SD-R. Includes common preventative maintenance machine & tape head items such as belts, fuses, springs, blades, etc.
- HLI # 700563 for 2” tape
- HLI # 700564 for 3” tape
- Heavy Duty Flexible Skate Wheel Conveyor. 18” W x 23”-31” Adjustable Height (28”-40” adjustable height also available). Extends from 48” to 160” Length, bends around corners. Locking Casters
|Type||SIDE DRIVE RANDOM|
|Tape Head||200 series 2” tape heads||3 inch optional|
|Operating Rate||Up to 15 boxes per minute||depending on dimensions|
|Electrical Requirements||110 V, 6OHz, 10 Amps|
|Pneumatic Requirements||80 PSI @ 4 SCFM|
|Case Minimum Length||5 inches|
|Case Maximum Length||Unlimited|
|Case Minimum Width||5 inches|
|Case Maximum Width||24 inches|
|Case Minimum Height||5 inches|
|Case Maximum Height||24 inches|
|Case Min. Weight||4 pounds|
|Case Max. Weight||75 pounds|
|Case Belt Speed||75 feet per minute|
|Tape Roll Diameter||3 inch inside diameter core||with up to 16 inches outside diameter|
|Entry and Exit Conveyor||25 inches wide, 16 inches long||chrome steel rollers|
|Machine Length||46 inches long without optional entry or exit conveyor||(36” without conveyors)|
|Machine Height||62 inches standard (legs set to lowest position)|
|Machine Weight||650 pounds on a pallet|